Re: Curriculum for a course on Electronic Resources or ER Librarianship? Moffitt, Nellie S CIV CNI MILL DET, N220L 02 Aug 2007 16:51 UTC

Wow,  this points up a need -- a database of courses offered by all the
ALA accredited schools

Nellie S. C. Moffitt, MSLS
Navy General Library Program
Media & Resource Branch
CNIC HQ Det
7736 Kitty Hawk (Bldg 457 room 97)
Millington  TN 38055
* 901-874-6711
* 901-874-6831 fax
* 850-450-7243 - cell
* nellie.moffitt@navy.mil

"Libraries will get you through times of no money better than money will
get you through times of no libraries."
Anne Herbert, The Whole Earth Catalog

-----Original Message-----
From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum
[mailto:SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU] On Behalf Of Toni Fortini
Sent: Thursday, August 02, 2007 10:57
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: Re: [SERIALST] Curriculum for a course on Electronic Resources
or ER Librarianship?

Hi Amy:

Southern Connecticut State University offers a course in their MLS
program. Here's a description from their website
(bannerweb.southernct.edu):

Management of Electronic Resources and Services (ILS 642): Management
and operation of electronic information resources and services in
library and information centers. Selection and integrating system
options; finance and budget; staff and end-user training; search
strategies; database publishers and vendors; hardware/software;
measurement/evaluation and future planning. Scheduled irregularly.
Formerly LSI 662. 3 credits.

Best,
Toni

Toni Fortini