Re: SLACK price increases Howlett, Lee Ann 10 Aug 2007 18:31 UTC

From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum
[mailto:SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU] On Behalf Of SERIALST Moderator
Sent: Friday, August 10, 2007 2:14 PM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: [SERIALST] SLACK price increases

Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 09:45:17 -0700
From: Mina Davenport <MDavenport@mail.cho.org>
Subject: Re: [SERIALST] SLACK price increases

Don't do it, we need to start protesting this by cancelling and/or
taking
our business elsewhere. This is just greed...

Mina Davenport, Librarian
Childrens Hospital
Health Sciences Library
747 52nd Street
Oakland CA 94609  USA
(510) 428-3448 (p)
(510) 601-3963 (f)
mdavenport@mail.cho.org

  Connie Foster <connie.foster@WKU.EDU> wrote:
Has anyone else been aghast (or should we be surprised at any pricing
these days) of the recent SLACK, Inc. 2008 model for print and
print+online? Based on fte our print subscription, for example, to AAOHN
is $224 and then the online with print goes to $2,240. The rest of the
titles follow the same giant leap pattern ($250/$2500, etc.). I'm not
real good at % but I think this is astronomical.