Re: Upgrading LC CIP serial record? Regina Reynolds 18 Sep 2007 16:10 UTC

Patricia--

Encoding level 8 serial records are prepublication ISSN records.  They are
updated by staff of the National Serials Data Program, the U.S. ISSN
center at the Library of Congress.

When you encounter one of these records you can send a request to

issn@loc.gov

to update the record.  If the record is for a print serial, we may ask you
to fax us a surrogate (copy of cover, title page, front matter, etc.) if
we have not yet received a copy from the publisher.  If the title is a
freely available online serial, just send us the URL.

For the title in question, you could fax us a surrogate and a copy of your
record.  (202) 707-6333 and ask that the record be updated.

Regina  R. Reynolds                     email: rrey@loc.gov
Head, National Serials Data Program     voice: (202) 707-6379
Library of Congress                     fax    (202) 707-6333
101 Independence Avenue, S.E.           ISSN Web page: lcweb.loc.gov/issn/
Washington, D.C. 20540-4160