Re: cancelled electronic resources and the A-Z list Yacobucci, Karen 24 Sep 2007 12:59 UTC

Hello Jeanne,

We immediately remove our cancelled titles from our core A - Z list.  I
keep a separate list for cancelled and newly added titles.  This
separate list is available online, as an excel spreadsheet for staff
access, and we keep a print out on our "information" bulletin board in
the reference area of the library.

Best,

Karen Yacobucci, MLS
Serials Librarian
New York Medical College
Health Sciences Library
Valhalla, NY 10595
Karen_yacobucci@nymc.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum
[mailto:SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU] On Behalf Of Hebard, Jeanne
Sent: Monday, September 24, 2007 8:31 AM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: [SERIALST] cancelled electronic resources and the A-Z list

What are libraries doing with their cancelled resources in regards to
their

A-Z list.  Our current practice has been to leave our cancelled
resources on the list for a year.  The link for the resource goes to an
instruction page informing the user that the resource has been cancelled
with some possible alternate resources.  We are finding that our A-Z
list is becoming too long.  Do other libraries immediately remove
cancelled resources from the A-Z list?  If so, are cancelled resources
listed anywhere and/or are alternate resources listed anywhere?  If
cancelled resources remain on the  A-Z list, for how long are the kept
on the list?

Thanks for your help,

Jeanne

Jeanne Hebard