Re: Society for German-American Studies Newsletter Regina Reynolds 17 Oct 2007 16:05 UTC

Also, if you send contact information for the publication (either mailing
address or email address, the National Serials Data Program (U.S. ISSN
center) will send a notice to the publisher about the incorrect ISSN and
ask that it be corrected on future issues.

Just as an aside, an OCLC record authenticated by NSDP (042 = nsdp) is the
most authoritative source for U.S. ISSN.  Sometimes the ISSN Portal lags
behind the OCLC record since OCLC is the database used for making
U.S. ISSN assignments.

Regina  R. Reynolds                     email: rrey@loc.gov
Head, National Serials Data Program     voice: (202) 707-6379
Library of Congress                     fax    (202) 707-6333
101 Independence Avenue, S.E.           ISSN Web page: lcweb.loc.gov/issn/
Washington, D.C. 20540-4160