Re: Usage Stats and "New" Publishers Latchney, Jim 03 Oct 2007 18:45 UTC

You may want to refer them to: http://www.niso.org/committees/SUSHI/SUSHI_comm.html, which describes the NISO work to automate usage statistics harvesting for ERMs as well as the COUNTER site (http://projectcounter.org/)

-----Original Message-----
From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum [mailto:SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU] On Behalf Of Dietsch.Barbara@EPA.GOV
Sent: Wednesday, October 03, 2007 2:14 PM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: [SERIALST] Usage Stats and "New" Publishers

Hello all!

I recently requested usage statistics (and have since been in
correspondence) with a publisher that just started using IP
authenticated online access to their journal one or two years ago.  They
would like to start collecting usage statistics for their users.    Here
are some questions he had for me:

possible. I'm going to ask that we begin tracking the following
statistics each month:

(1) Number of times the Journal is accessed by users within a certain IP
range.

(2) Number of articles accessed by users within IP range.

(3) Number of articles downloaded by users within IP range.

Does this sound reasonable? Is there any other info you would want on
your end? How often would you like to see statistics?

Rather than me try to answer all of his questions, I would like to send
him to an authority in the field.  Could someone please refer one.  I
suppose someone at COUNTER?

Thanks!

barb

barb dietsch | serials coordinator