Re: LDRs Brian McDonald 23 Oct 2007 18:13 UTC

Hi Jen,

We dealt with this recently at SUNY Oswego.  Our solution was to manipulate
the data file after we extracted it from our LMS (Aleph/Ex Libris), taking
the holdings data from the 866$a and copying it into the 852$z (public note)
subfield.  Since the public note, if it exists, displays instead of the
dreaded "Local holdings available", this solved our problem quite nicely,
and ILL (which had slowed to a trickle) is returning to normal levels.

If you want more information about the nuts and bolts of how we accomplished
this, Natalie Sturr (sturr@oswego.edu) has excellent documentation; feel
free to contact her or me off-list.

Brian McDonald
Electronic Services Librarian