Re: freely accessible journals. Barbara Pope 26 Oct 2007 00:22 UTC

Hi, Donna.

We have a lot of open access journals.  I have never heard of a few of the
sites you all have been mentioning here.  Thank you for doing so.

Before adding any new product, free or not, we do an overlap analysis in
Serials Solutions Overlap Analysis.  Sometimes the free access is
completely unique and makes a great addition to our resources and
sometimes it duplicates what we already have in several databases.  In
addition, I check the Serials Directory (an EBSCO database) for what
databases index the journal.  If it is not indexed in a database we use,
we do not add the title to our profile.

Does this help?

Sincerely,

Barbara Pope, MALS