Re: List of publishers having access after 18 months Rick C. Mason 26 Oct 2007 12:43 UTC

Hi John,

The posting you might be looking for, which contains this link ( http://www.symposium-journals.co.uk/ ) came from this message:

-----------------------------
From: Roger Osborn-King <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 17:33:34 +0100

> Can anyone point me to a list of publishers who make electronic access
> to their journals freely available after a set time period?

There must be several lists of open-access journals but not so easily
located are those that become 'freely available after a set time period'.

Our few journals - all covering educational research, and online-only -
become freely available 18 months after publication. That policy does seem
to have achieved a realistic balance between gathering subscription income
(i.e. continued survival) while allowing free access to the majority of the
journals' output. I too would be interested in knowing of other journals
using similar schemes.  Roger Osborn-King

]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
SYMPOSIUM JOURNALS - Roger Osborn-King -
PO Box 204, Didcot, Oxford OX11 9ZQ, United Kingdom
rok@symposium-journals.co.uk     Tel: +44 (0)1235 817 956
Fax: +44 (0)1235 817 275      Skype: roger.osborn.king
Check out www.symposium-journals.co.uk for the contents
of our journals, with abstracts and full texts of all articles,
instructions for contributors, together with complete
editorial, bibliographical and subscription information.

A division of wwwords Ltd  - www.wwwords.co.uk

Hope this helps!

Rick Mason
Capital University