Re: Daily check ins Barbara Pope 04 Oct 2007 19:03 UTC

Hello, Lilah.  At my library, the answer is "it depends."  On the title,
that is.  For the newspapers like NYT, WSJ, Kansas City Star, the local
newspaper, etc., all of which we get daily because we subscribe, we
check them in.  There are probably at least 5 papers which come from
tiny little towns in our state once a week and we do not subscribe.  We
do not check those in, but we do have bib records.  For the holdings, we
just indicate CURRENT TWO WEEKS ONLY.  Having a bib record makes it more
obvious to reference folks and the public what titles we do have, but
decreases the amount of work our student worker and serials library
assistant have to do.

Barbara Pope
Periodicals/Reference Librarian
Axe Library