Re: please help - brief question Jennifer Marcantel 15 Oct 2007 16:59 UTC

I just finished library school with a master's in December 2006. I never took a course devoted to Serials Librarianship, nor did I see a course that offered it. However, I did not "aim" for academic libraries, and that may have made a difference, I'm not sure. I have been employed as a serials librarian since July '07 and I am learning a lot. I wish I had taken a course that at least touched on this aspect of librarianship, but again I must emphasize that maybe there was such a course in the Academic Libraries track.

I attended University of North Texas online program

Jennifer Marcantel
Serials Acquisitions Librarian
Lamar University
Mary and John Gray Library
P.O. Box 10021
Beaumont, Tx.   77710
(409) 880-8126

________________________________

From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum on behalf of Blackwell, Lisa
Sent: Mon 10/15/2007 8:36 AM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: [SERIALST] please help - brief question

I would be grateful if as many people as possible would answer a short
question. If you have attended Library School, did you ever have the
opportunity to take a course devoted to serials librarianship?
Furthermore, did your program offer such courses even if you did not
elect to take them? Please email me directly off list and include the
name of your Library School. I will be happy to post a summary of
Thank you!
Lisa

Lisa S. Blackwell, MLS
Serials/Research Librarian