Re: please help - brief question Gurevich, Konstantin 16 Oct 2007 13:18 UTC

	I second that. The SCCTP course was extremely useful, especially
for somebody with cataloging background.
	I don't remember any serials courses at my library school
(UT-Austin, late 1980s), even though there were very serious cataloging
courses (thank you, Prof. Miksa Sr.!)
	Acquisitions were bundled with collection development, don't
remember anything at all about serials from that class, although there
must have been something...

Konstantin Gurevich
Acting Head,
Catalog & Metadata Management
Rush Rhees Library
University of Rochester
Rochester, NY 14627-0055
(585) 275-9452

-----Original Message-----
From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum
[mailto:SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU] On Behalf Of Blackwell, Lisa
Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2007 8:15 AM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: Re: [SERIALST] please help - brief question

Steve,
You are absolutely right (although you may have stolen my thunder if I
present on this topic :-)) I took this course several years ago and it
was well worth the time. It was a BIG step on my career development
path.
Lisa

Lisa S. Blackwell, MLS

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; What is essential
is invisible to the eye."
~The Little Prince