Re: jobbers who buy old volumes of periodicals Rick C. Mason 01 Nov 2007 16:42 UTC

There is the Periodicals Service Company; they request a list of titles via. e-mail or fax then decide whether to purchase.

http://www.periodicals.com/

Hope this helps!

Rick Mason
Capital University Library

-----Original Message-----
From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum [mailto:SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU] On Behalf Of Andree Rathemacher
Sent: Thursday, November 01, 2007 12:13 PM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: [SERIALST] jobbers who buy old volumes of periodicals

Hello,

I have a retired faculty member who wants a place for his back runs of engineering journals. We're going to take missing issues, but not more than a few.

I used to have a list of companies who were interested in buying old serial runs, but I can't find it.

Does anyone know of any such organizations?

Thanks in advance

Andree Rathemacher
Associate Professor
Head, Serials Unit
University Library, University of Rhode Island
15 Lippitt Road
Kingston, RI  02881-2011
work: (401) 874-5096
fax: (401) 874-4608