Re: Handling of Sample Issues Tian Zhang 15 Nov 2007 16:02 UTC

I just keep them in my office for a period of time, say, one year, in
alphabetical order. If in the future, we need to subscribe these titles,
we may need the issues from the beginning (if they are new titles). And
each semester, we will send these with duplicates back to our journal
vender, Ebsco, for the missing bank. Ebsco will reimburse us postage
fees.

Tian Zhang

Serials Librarian
St. John's University Library
8000 Utopia Parkway
Queens, NY 11439
Tel. 718 990-5082
Fax 718 990-5938
Email: zhangt@stjohns.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum
[mailto:SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU] On Behalf Of Ann E Miller
Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2007 9:20 AM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: Re: [SERIALST] Handling of Sample Issues

I would also be very interested in any responses as well.  We're
struggling with the same "issue" over here at Duke.

Ann

Ann E. Miller
Head, Electronic Resources & Serials Management Perkins Library
Duke University                         "Changed  Priorities Ahead"
Durham, NC  27708-0177                         Scottish Roadsign
phone: 919.660.5855
fax:919.668.3134
email:ann.e.miller@duke.edu

"Janet L. Flowers" <jflowers@EMAIL.UNC.EDU>
Sent by: "SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum"
<SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU>
11/14/2007 09:06 PM
Please respond to
"SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum"
<SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU>

SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
cc

Subject
[SERIALST] Handling of Sample Issues

Colleagues
We are looking to simplify or eliminate the steps related to sample
issues that arrive unsolicited in our department.  So, I would be
very interested to know how other --especially large research--libraries

handle this issue.
Thank you in advance for your perspectives.
Sincerely,
Janet

--

Janet L. Flowers