Re: Handling of Sample Issues Darling, Karen D. 15 Nov 2007 17:10 UTC

 I think we would prefer to receive an electronic sample.   The care and
feeding of the paper is counter productive for all concerned, especially
since we don't have an money for new subs. and must cancel something
else to buy new.  Our selectors prefer the email advertising from
publishers that I forward to them.  Also, I can send it along to a
variety of selectors and do not have to guess whose areas might be most
interested in the title.  The reality is that most of the paper samples
and publisher advertising ends up in the recycle bin.  We do have to
search them all in various places to confirm they are not title changes,
etc. and really appreciate those publishers who clearly indentify on the
outside that the item is a sample.

Karen

_______________
Karen D. Darling
Head, Acquisitions Dept.
University of Missouri-Columbia Libraries
52 Ellis Library
Columbia, MO 65201-5149

email: darlingk@missouri.edu
ph: 573 882-2835
fax: 573 884-5243

MU Libraries...Your Connection to Knowledge
http://mulibraries.missouri.edu/