Re: Students and social websites M. Lou Nesson 20 Nov 2007 13:12 UTC

Would you share the results of your survey please? This is a problem
here as well.

M. Lou Nesson
Librarian
Periodicals & Elecronic Databases
Massasoit Community College
508-588-9100 ext 1932

-----Original Message-----
From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum
[mailto:SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU] On Behalf Of Marilyn Carney
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2007 2:42 PM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: Re: [SERIALST] Students and social websites

Thanks to all who responded to my questions.

Marilyn Carney

***************************
Marilyn Carney, MSLS
Serials Services Librarian

Bruce I. Howell Library
Wake Technical Community College
9101 Fayetteville Road
Raleigh, NC 27603
Phone: (919) 866-5642
FAX: (919) 250-4329

Email : mmcarney@waketech.edu
***************************

>>> mmcarney@WAKETECH.EDU 11/14/07 2:21 pm >>>
Hello,

My library is trying to determine the best way to work on the situation
of students who use the library computers to download games or play
music or look at the latest entries on Facebook, Myspace, and other
social sites. This kind of activity causes noise and keeps computers
from being available to others for research.

Does anyone have any suggestions of how to deal with this kind of
situation?

Is anyone restricting computer use or restricting accessibility to
certain sites? If so, how?

Please respond off list.

Thanks,