Re: Fashion Rocks/Movies Rock "supplements" Crank, Richard L 27 Nov 2007 18:29 UTC

Our general policy, understanding that there are exceptions, is that if
there is information on or in either the main issue or the accompanying
item that links the two, we treat the accompanying item as a supplement.
That said, though, we probably won't bind the "Movie Rocks" supplement
accompanying the newest issue of New Yorker with the magazine.

Rich Crank
Serial Records Team Leader, Acquisitions/Serials Dept.
University of Kansas Libraries
(785) 864-8944
rcrank@ku.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum
[mailto:SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU] On Behalf Of Kristen Fredericksen
Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2007 10:32 AM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: [SERIALST] Fashion Rocks/Movies Rock "supplements"

Hello,
    What has everyone been doing with these Fashion Rocks and Movies
Rock issues that come with magazines like New Yorker and Wired? Clearly,
their content has nothing to do with the magazines they accompany, but
they clearly state on the cover "Supplement to Wired Fall 2007." Do you
mark them as a supplement when you check in the regular titles? Do you
put them on the shelf?
Thanks,
Kristen

Kristen Fredericksen