Re: Subscription Bargains Barbara Pope 29 Nov 2007 21:04 UTC

Hi, Jaime.  In my opinion, it would mainly depend on how many title you
are talking about.  If you subscribe to a small number of titles, it might
make sense.  I work in a university library and the total number of
subscriptions we have is about 1590.  That is including a few titles we
order direct, because we can't get them any other way, and gift/exchange
subscriptions.  Are you willing to contact each publisher to establish
subscriptions, claim issues, and cancel publications?  It can be a lot of
work.  We subscribe to the bulk of our journals through EBSCO and because
we submit payment by a certain date, we receive a discount on our
subscriptions.

Sincerely,

Barbara Pope, MALS
Periodicals/Reference Librarian