Re: Subscription Bargains Edwards, Mary 29 Nov 2007 21:30 UTC

Jamie,

I have just consolidated subscriptions after having handled over 300
individually for the past 2 years.  I must say that you need to factor
in your time to keep track of the subscriptions renewing at different
times, claiming each serial when it doesn't come in -- sometimes more
than once depending on how together the publisher is, and a myriad of
other tasks associated with managing them yourself.  Yes, you can get
some terrific deals, but I found handling them individually to be
incredibly time consuming -- to the detriment of the many other things I
needed to do.

It can be done -- just don't let the "deals" be your only concern.  Your
time is worth something too.

Kind Regards,

Mary E. Edwards
Director of Library Services
The Art Institute of California - Los Angeles
Argosy University
2900 31st Street
Santa Monica, CA  90405
310-314-6154 (tel.)