Re: Publication Patterns Debra Zott 30 Nov 2007 02:06 UTC

Thank you Joshua. This is interesting, although I am actually concerned with
the simple and complex publication patterns in the Voyager serials module.

Regards,
Deb

Debra Zott
Subscriptions Librarian
Flinders University
Ph: (08) 8201 5217

-----Original Message-----
From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum
[mailto:SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU] On Behalf Of Joshua Barton
Sent: Friday, 30 November 2007 12:39 AM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: Re: [SERIALST] Publication Patterns

Deb,

If you're referring to publication patterns in MARC Holdings format, the
CONSER Publication Pattern Initiative has a website that lists the encoding
for several likely and unlikely patterns. It is here:
http://www.loc.gov/acq/conser/patthold-PATTERNSvtls.html

If the pattern you hope to capture isn't listed, you might still be able to
figure out how to do it by looking at how some of the others have been done.

Hope this helps.

--
Joshua Barton, MSI
Serials Cataloging Librarian