Re: Serials check in? Naomi Young 13 Nov 2007 16:09 UTC

American
> >journals which are not available online.  I would hardly call them
> >"inferior" or behind the times ...
>
> I'm afraid everyone took me too seriously.  I should have added
> "The views expressed in my message are not necessarily my own"!
> SW

It's just too easy to misread, as most of us, alas, have heard library
administrators say very much the same thing in dead flat seriousness.

If I had a nickel for every time I've heard that the paper journal is
becoming obsolete, I wouldn't have to come to work anymore.

Me? I think the technology of the codex has been around for nearly 2000
years, and will probably endure for a few more decades.

Naomi
The views expressed by me are usually not those of UF (or of Hank Young,
for that matter)

Naomi Kietzke Young
Principal Serials Cataloger
Cataloging & Metadata Dept.