Re: Title change question Rothbaum, Ellen 04 Dec 2007 15:18 UTC

We always filed the issues under the current title, sometimes with a
book block indicating the title change.

Ellen Rothbaum, MS, AHIP
Assistant Director
Daniel Carroll Payson Medical Library
North Shore University Hospital
300 Community Drive
Manhasset, NY 11030
Voice:  (516) 562-4324
Fax:  (516) 562-2865
ellenr@nshs.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum
[mailto:SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU] On Behalf Of Weaver, Robert L. S.
Sent: Tuesday, December 04, 2007 8:54 AM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: [SERIALST] Title change question

Hello all,

I'm trying to decide which of two practices will work better for our
patrons. Our print periodicals are arranged alpha by title. There are a
number of titles in our print collection that have a some point
undergone a title change; not just a change in wording, but a completely
new title. In such cases, is it better to file the issues under the new
title separate from the old, or to keep the old & new together on the
stack where the old title is, with a pointer (such as a book dummy with
label) where the new title should be?  Thanks in advance for your
opinions & advice.

Best Regards,

Robert Weaver

Serials Librarian