Re: Journals without wrappers? Rais, Shirley (LLU) 29 Jan 2008 22:34 UTC

My experience is totally the opposite.  We seem to received empty
mailers at least once a month and are claiming more torn up issues than
we used to.  They are getting mangled somewhere in the shipping process.
Of course I don't have statistics, just observation that it seems much
worse lately.

Shirley Rais, MLS
Chair, Serials Department
Loma Linda University Libraries
11072 Anderson St.
Loma Linda, CA 92350

Ph: 909-558-4583
Fx: 909-558-4919
srais@llu.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum
[mailto:SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU] On Behalf Of Koveleskie, Judith
Sent: Monday, January 28, 2008 12:13 PM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: Re: [SERIALST] Journals without wrappers?

Damaged copies are rare.  I have only had to request once or twice in
over ten years.

However, I have had problems with lost issues due to stickers coming off
in the mail.  I have also sometimes had other peoples address labels
attached to my issue.  I prefer to have the address printed directly on
the cover.

Judith A. Koveleskie, MLIS, MA
Periodicals Librarian
Seton Hill University
Reeves Memorial Library
1 Seton Hill Drive
Greensburg, PA 15601-1548
kovelesk@setonhill.edu
724-838-7828
This document may contain confidential information and is intended
solely for the use of the addressee. If you received it in error, please
contact the sender at once and destroy the document. The document may
contain information subject to restrictions of the Family Educational
Rights and Privacy and the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Acts. Such information may
not be disclosed or used in any fashion outside the scope of the service
for which you are receiving the information.