Re: ISSN changes and additions Regina Reynolds 01 Feb 2008 13:05 UTC

Julie,

At present there is no specific product that is a notification service for
ISSN. Access to the ISSN register, the international database of ISSN, is
available via subscription to a product called the ISSN
Portal.  Files of ISSN can also be arranged for.  I suggest you contact
the ISSN International Centre at issn@issn.org, or visit their web site at
www.issn.org.

Regina

On Thu, 31 Jan 2008, Julie Legeros wrote:

> Greetings!
>
> Is there a service or resource that notifies users when a new ISSN is issued,
> or when an ISSN has changed?
>
> In particular, I want to know when e-ISSNs are issued, so that we can edit
> our print serial cataloging records.
>
> Any advice / direction would be most appreciated.  Thanks in advance for your
> expertise!
>
> Julie Legeros
> SAS Institute
> Julie.Legeros@sas.com

Regina 	R. Reynolds                     email: rrey@loc.gov
Head, National Serials Data Program     voice: (202) 707-6379
Library of Congress                     fax    (202) 707-6333
101 Independence Avenue, S.E.           ISSN Web page: lcweb.loc.gov/issn/
Washington, D.C. 20540-4160