Re: Standard and Poor's Corporation Records Barbara Pope 08 Feb 2008 14:47 UTC

I have had a similar issue with the newsletter On the Line from the
American Correctional Association and the ENR newsletter from
McGraw-Hill.  On the Line used to come out in print (monthly, I think).
This year, I received a note saying it would only come out in email.  I
call the publisher and told them that while the email format may work
well for the large majority of the members, librarians do not read their
newsletter.  Library patrons do, but how do we disseminate it to them?
I think we would could survive quite nicely if it was online, but an
email newsletter being delivered to a library just does not make sense.
The person I spoke to at that publisher expressed confusion and
disbelief at what I was saying.  Why don't they ever ask before they do
these things?

Barbara Pope, MALS
Periodicals/Reference Librarian
Axe Library