Re: 363 field: Normalized Date and Sequential Designation Steven C Shadle 22 Apr 2008 15:37 UTC

MARBI discussion paper 2007-06 provides details
<http://www.loc.gov/marc/marbi/2007/2007-06.html>

Basically, it's to support German and Austrian conversion to MARC21 (although some in the conser community have pointed out that since conser is no longer requiring formatted 362, that the 363 could be the place for universal pattern data.

Steve Shadle/Serials Access Librarian  *****  shadle@u.washington.edu
University of Washington Libraries      ***     Phone: (206) 685-3983
Seattle, WA 98195-2900                   *        Fax: (206) 543-0854