Re: Bound volume lettering Mina Muessigmann 22 May 2008 16:21 UTC

Paper (or foil-backed paper) labels, same as for books, are a
reasonable choice. One thing I have noticed is that labels and
label-lock tape, do not always stick as well to the buckram used for
bound periodicals as they do to book spines.

 From a preservation standpoint, I don't know if it is a great idea
to paint (diluted) white glue over the call number labels instead of
using clear label tape, but it does seem to "stick" & last a long
time. It is somewhat labor intensive to do, and you have to let it
dry without sticking to the adjacent books.

What NOT to do: Don't try to stick your label locks on with a glue
stick. We tried that once and the glue dries out to a white
powder--both ugly and useless!

Good luck.