Re: Elsevier and EDI Lila Ohler 15 May 2008 15:55 UTC

Hi Tracey,

I think likely a lot of us share this same dilemma.

My resolution to this problem has been to let a serial subscription agent
handle the subscriptions, which ensures that they are integrated with other
subscriptions we carry, that we do have title by title itemization, and that
we can benefit from EDI invoicing for most of our subscriptions into our
ILS.

As to using an ERM system to help with this, you would still have the
problem of Elsevier not offering EDI and/or the potential limitations of the
ERM system in being able to accept EDI invoice information meant for an ILS.

And past that, the other remaining problem would be how or if data could be
migrated for subscription title by title payments from your ILS system to
the ERM system.  I know for my part, the last thing I need is yet another
system in which I have to manually re-key duplicated or repackaged
information already held in other systems!

I'm not sure if this is what you were after as far as a workaround
suggestion, but hope it helps!

Angie

(Lila) Angie Ohler
Head of Acquisitions