Re: Print Serials in-house statistics Williams, Mary Welch 23 Jun 2008 17:56 UTC

It is worth doing but how you do it depends on your ILS.  Unless you can
wring reports out of it, using the ILS is wasted effort.  In my former
position, I couldn't write reports with our ILS and had to resort to
hash marks on a paper list.  However you do it, these usage indicators
are very helpful in decision-making.

Mary

-----Original Message-----
From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum
[mailto:SERIALST@list.uvm.edu] On Behalf Of Anil Deshpande
Sent: Monday, June 23, 2008 12:38 PM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: [SERIALST] Print Serials in-house statistics

We are considering gathering usage statistics for print serials by using
a bar
code Scanner and the in-house circulation module of our software. Has
any
one had experience with this? Did the data you gathered help you make
decision about purchases? What benefits did you realize from a project
like
this? Any suggestions are welcomed.