Re: 360 Link--Link Text Belvadi, Melissa 05 Jun 2008 21:42 UTC

Since our openurl resolver includes our print/fiche holdings as well as
our online, we just say "Check Maryville Availability". It seems to
work.
In a few databases we shorten it to "Check Maryville Available" or even
just "Check Maryville" depending on the length limitations of the
citation database vendor.

Melissa Belvadi
Systems and Services Librarian
Maryville University
650 Maryville University Dr.
St. Louis, MO 63141
mbelvadi@maryville.edu
ph: 314-529-9531
fax: 314-529-9941

-----Original Message-----
From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum
[mailto:SERIALST@list.uvm.edu] On Behalf Of a may
Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2008 2:52 PM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: [SERIALST] 360 Link--Link Text

Hi,

I'm interested in finding out what other libraries are using as their
Link
Text w/ Serial Solutions' 360 Link.

We use "Find Full Text"; this is confusing for our patrons--some think
it
guarantees that we have access to the full text article.

The 360 Link Resource Guide says the following  about Link Text:

"Link Text - This is what the patrons will see when they have the option
use a link resolver. We encourage libraries to be consistent in the text
they use. We suggest using: "Search for Article" or "Search for
Journal,"
"Find Full-Text," or "Full-Text Search"..."

I've thought about using "Check for Full Text in Other UM Databases."
Seems
a little long, though.

I welcome any suggestions.

Thanks,
Alan

Alan
Electronic Resources and Reference Librarian
University of Montevallo | Station 6111
Montevallo, AL 35115
205.665.6111