Re: Barcoding bound journals Margy Gwozdz 09 Jun 2008 14:26 UTC

Hi Mike,
    Williams College Libraries has done this. We had to do the barcoding
in 2 ways.  The journals in our main library had circulation cards.  We
used double bar codes, placed one barcode on the journal, the other on
the card.  We then brought the cards (which had all the journal
information on them) to the person inputting the item records.
   Our other journal collection  did not have cards and were in other
buildings on campus.  We used sheets of paper which were divided into
sections, in which we wrote the volume and year, and left room for the
double bar code. We had a heading on the paper that indicated the
journal title and call number.
Both ways of doing the barcoding worked well for us.
Regards,
Margy Gwozdz
Senior Serials Assistant
Williams College Libraries