Re: What to do with periodical runs -- help! Koveleskie, Judith 09 Jun 2008 18:06 UTC

List them on backserv and indicate that vendors are welcome.  I have sold to PCS and Arrow.  Libraries usually will supply only postage, but that's better than putting them in the dumpster.

Judith A. Koveleskie
Periodicals Librarian
Seton Hill University
Reeves Memorial Library
Greensburg, PA  15601

724-838-7828

________________________________

From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum on behalf of Melinda Shedlarz
Sent: Mon 6/9/2008 2:38 AM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: [SERIALST] What to do with periodical runs -- help!

Hello,

I am getting ready to move out of a large home and into an apartment.  I
have a very large periodical  and book collection that I've accumulated over
the years, and now I'm faced with the task of divesting the majority of
these items from my personal collection.  Does anyone have any suggestions
on what to do with them?  If possible I'd like to sell them, because they
are in very good condition.  Are there places that buy periodical runs?  If
selling them isn't an option that's fine, so I welcome all suggestions. I
also welcome your feedback on good sites on the web to sell used books.

Yours truly,

Melinda J. Shedlarz