who is "qualified" ? Shirley Phillips 18 Jun 2008 17:31 UTC

Check the return cards at the end of the Trade magazine.
The return cards ask many questions, and how you answer the question
determines if you are qualified or not.
A qualified individual is usually an executive level position who is
authorized to spend big bucks on the products in those very same
magazine advertisements.

S. Phillips
Long Beach Public Library
-----"SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum"
<SERIALST@list.uvm.edu> wrote: -----

To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
From: "Corrice, Julia A." <CorriceJA@CMOG.ORG>
Sent by: "SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum"
<SERIALST@list.uvm.edu>
Date: 06/18/2008 08:23AM
Subject: Re: [SERIALST] Architect

They wouldn't tell me! I kept asking customer Service if I could be
added as "qualified" and they just kept saying I didn't qualify. So I

asked how I could become qualified and they told me I couldn't...with
no explanation. So I asked what made one qualified and I was told they
were not allowed to release that information.

The circulation manager was nicer about explaining why we couldn't
just subscribe, even if it didn't make much sense, but he still wouldn't
tell me what I could do to "qualify", just that we did not and could not
become a qualified subscriber due to cost issues--something vague
about keeping the cost of publishing down and being technically unable to
add anyone to to their qualifed list.

I'm finding this whole situation bizarre beyond belief. You would
think they were protecting classified information rather than being in the
business of selling magazines!