Re: Binding of Periodicals Tian Zhang 02 Jul 2008 18:37 UTC

Dear Miss Miss Jean Shankle,

My name is Aileen Peltz and I work for St. John's University Library.
My supervisor forwarded your message to me as I am in charge of binding
for my department.

Our binding company is Bridgeport National Bindery, Inc. and we have
been with them for many years.

Titles are printed almost exclusively in horizontal format.  If our
binder feels it is not possible to do so, they make the adjustment on
their own.  Some of the titles were set for a vertical format from the
beginning.  We have the option to advise them to print the title only
horizontally, but truthfully they seem to be good judges of what is
best.  Yes, some titles have gone back and forth between vertical and
horizontal printing.  If I feel it should have been done in a horizontal
format and it is obvious it should have been do, I will request a
correction.

Hope this has been of some help.

Thank you,

Aileen Peltz