Re: Another question--Binding of Periodicals Fallon, Judith L. 02 Jul 2008 19:47 UTC

We have Bridgeport National Bindery, in Agawam, Ma. They installed the LARS bindery program on my pc. I print out the slips on my laser printer. I do keep one copy of all of the paper slips for about 2 years and then toss them when I run out of room. The LARS program keeps all of the info as far as title, color, and any pertinent info to that title such as " look for folds."
I don't know what SIRSI is.

Judith Fallon
Gordon Library
WPI
100 Institute Road
Worcester, MA 01609

-----Original Message-----
From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum [mailto:SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU] On Behalf Of Wilma Dague
Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2008 3:26 PM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: [SERIALST] Another question--Binding of Periodicals

How do you all keep records for binding? We have a very arcane system that involves  about six steps and lots of paper shuffling. Does anyone have an exclusively electronic method? Is there a way to keep records with SIRSI?

Best regards,

Wilma Weant Dague

Serials  Coordinator
Benedictine College Library