Re: Haworth Press Update Tracey Thompson 24 Jul 2008 14:45 UTC

Whatever they fixed yesterday seems to be working wonderfully!  I was not only able to get into the Haworth site, but I was able to download some articles for which I had been looking!

Tracey

-----Original Message-----
From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum [mailto:SERIALST@list.uvm.edu] On Behalf Of Meg Walker
Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2008 3:55 AM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: [SERIALST] Haworth Press Update

Dear Serialst,

Thank you for your continued patience whilst we resolve the issues you have
been experiencing with the Haworth Press site. Further to my email yesterday
I wanted to give you an update on how we are working to improve the site for
you.

Migration to informaworld:
Over the coming months we will be migrating all Haworth content to
informaworld and will keep everyone posted on progress. We have set up a
website at www.informaworld.com/haworth which will be updated with
information during the migration.

Site Speed:
Network technicians were able to correct a configuration problem yesterday in
the connection between Haworth's servers and the service provider. This has
resulted in site speeds which are around 40 times faster than users had been
experiencing. We are continuing to investigate other issues that might be
affecting site speed and will resolve any problems that we find as part of this
process.

Access:
If you are having difficulties accessing your institution's subscriptions, please
do continue to contact our support desk haworthpress@taylorandfrancis.com.
Those staffing the support desk are best placed to help and you should expect
a timely response to your query. Alternatively you may contact your local
sales representative who will be delighted to help you. Details of our North
American Sales Managers are below:
Canada & Mexico: Margaret.Walker@taylorandfrancis.com
USA - Eastern Region: Sharon.Murphy@taylorandfrancis.com
USA - Central Region: Carrie.Esch@taylorandfrancis.com
USA - Western Region: Mary.Nugent@taylorandfrancis.com

Please do accept my apologies and thanks for your patience whilst we work to
restore your access to the Haworth Press site.

With kind regards,

Meg Walker

Margaret Donahue Walker
Journals Sales Director - NA
Taylor & Francis
325 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA  19106
Tel: 215.625.8900, ext 346
Fax 215.625.2940
email: margaret.walker@taylorandfrancis.com
www.taylorandfrancis.com