Re: What do we call them? Patricia Thompson 25 Jul 2008 17:54 UTC

I don't have an answer, but I appreciate the question!

I've struggled with this too, because after doing this for a while,
while I may understand the difference between these types of
resources, I don't have anything to call them, and it has caused
confusion with other staff and made it difficult to explain to other
staff how to handle each "type" of database-- which codes to use,
what budget line to charge it to, etc. And I also agree that  "what
we call them is important both for evaluating and for
arranging/keeping access."  Not all electronic access is created equal!

Pat Thompson