Re: 3 titles bound together-Microfilm Sadowski, Frank 14 Jul 2008 13:14 UTC

Michael,

As I see it, there are three options that come to mind, based partially
on how many issues of each paper are on on the roll (I'm assuming from
your note that there's only one roll).

If there are only a few issues of each, you could catalog "Sun papers",
and add a contents note and a tracing for each of the three papers.
This is, in my mind, the least desirable option.

You could make a record for the "Sun papers" with a contents note, then
do full analytic records for each of the three papers, tracing the "Sun
papers" in 490/830 fields.

Or, you could do full catalog records for each of the three papers with
a 501 "With" note on each, mentioning that they're on a roll with the
title of "Sun papers".  Note that you could relabel the box, although I
think I'd leave the original label on the box end (the one that shows in
the drawer or on the shelf), and add a label with the three papers'
titles on the face of the box.

In any case, you should trace the publisher on each record.
Frank E. Sadowski Jr.
Principal Cataloger
River Campus Libraries
University of Rochester