Re: Eliminating Periodicals Check-in Pennington, Buddy D. 28 Aug 2008 21:56 UTC

Carol Ann Borchert has an article in the December 2007 issue of Serials
Review.

To Check In or Not to Check In? That Is the Question!
Serials Review, Volume 33, Issue 4, December 2007, Pages 238-243
Carol Ann Borchert

Buddy Pennington
Serial Acquisitions Librarian
University of Missouri - Kansas City
800 East 51st Street
Kansas City, MO  64110
Phone: 816-235-1548
Fax: 816-333-5584
Email: penningtonb@umkc.edu

UMKC University Libraries: Discovery. Knowledge. Empowerment.

-----Original Message-----
From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum
[mailto:SERIALST@list.uvm.edu] On Behalf Of Payne, Ophelia (omp2w)
Sent: Thursday, August 28, 2008 1:11 PM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: [SERIALST] Eliminating Periodicals Check-in

I am trying to find information about eliminating periodicals check-in.
I found a few articles written several years ago about this topic, but
was wondering if there is anything recent?  I read that Rick Anderson at
the U of Nevada-Reno is a big proponent of this.  Has anyone else done a
similar initiative at your library?  If so, would you mind sharing your
experience?  I an investigating this as an option here at UVA, but need
some compelling facts to make it happen.  Anything you can share would
be great!

Ophelia

Ophelia Payne
Serials Cataloging Coordinator