Re: Serials Committees Angelica Freitas 21 Aug 2008 19:51 UTC

Hello Michelle

We started ours in 2006. we meet every month and we discuss all serial
concerns as well as the rest of our collection. It is working pretty well.

Angelica Freitas
Serials Administrator
Sarah Lawrence College Library
One Meadway
Bronxville, NY
10708
TEL: 914-395-2477
FAX: 914-395-2473
EMAIL: afreitas@slc.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum
[mailto:SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU] On Behalf Of Lauer, Peggy
Sent: Monday, August 18, 2008 10:41 AM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: Re: [SERIALST] Serials Committees

Michelle,

We started a Serials Committee at Maryville University in 1997.  We usually
meet once a month September - May and more as needed.  The committee
consists of myself, the Reference Librarians, head of circulation,
inter-library loan assistant and Dean of the University Library.

We discuss and make all decisions regarding serials purchases,
cancellations, format changes, space considerations, budget concerns etc.
It is one of the most productive committees as we accomplish a great deal
and the input from all the different areas helps to balance our collection.

Please feel free to contact me.

Peggy Lauer