Re: Economist online Nelson, Stacy 18 Sep 2008 17:17 UTC

We have a site license here at UCSD.  It's not cheap, but it's IP
accessible for our campus. It's not related to the subscription and it's
publisher full text access (not an aggregator) However, the one (big)
problem that we have is that users have to enter the site through a
custom URL, so if they just google it, they won't get recognized as our
users. But if they go through the (custom) link in our catalog, it will
recognize them.  We wish it wasn't like this, but we've never been able
to get the publisher to change this.
Let me know if you need contact information. Thanks,

Stacy C. Nelson
Head, Serials & Electronic Resources
Acquisitions Dept, Geisel Library
Univ of Calif San Diego
9500 Gilman Dr 0175A
La Jolla, CA 92093-0175
(858) 534-0288

-----Original Message-----
From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum
[mailto:SERIALST@list.uvm.edu] On Behalf Of Patricia Thompson
Sent: Thursday, September 18, 2008 7:44 AM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: [SERIALST] Economist online

Does anyone have a site license for The Economist? The only online
subscription options I can find are single-user. Is it available
through another provider? If you have it online, please point me in
the right direction. Thanks!
Pat Thompson

Patricia R. Thompson
Assistant University Librarian for Resource Management Services
Jessie Ball duPont Library
The University of the South
Sewanee, TN 37383
Phone: 931-598-1657