Re: Job Opening: Cataloger Susan Davis 18 Sep 2008 18:09 UTC

I would hope that most librarians would be able to figure that out. :-)

BTW, those of you who attended the last ALA in Chicago may remember the
ALCTS President's Program which featured Michael Hawley. As part of that
event, an anonymous donor purchased Hawley's book "Bhutan" which is quite
literally a very BIG book. ALCTS donated the copy to the Field Museum where
I assume it still resides. My colleague Cindy Hepfer, who helped plan the
program, and I visited the Field Museum right after ALA. The book was on
display behind a glass window. One of the staff came over and began to turn
the pages which mainly feature stunning photos of Bhutan.  Pretty soon
there was an audience watching in awe.

There are many fascinating pieces in this collection--I don't know how any
real work gets done!

Best,

Susan

Susan Davis
Electronic Resources Acquisitions Librarian
University at Buffalo (SUNY)
134 Lockwood Library
Buffalo, NY  14260-2210
(716) 645-2784
(716) 645-5955 fax
unlsdb@buffalo.edu

***Please consider the environment before printing this email****

--On Thursday, September 18, 2008 12:07 PM -0500 Jennifer Bazeley