Re: HOW MANY PEOPLE USE DOT MATRIX PRINTERS FOR LABELS? Hoyte, Daniel 05 Sep 2008 22:57 UTC

This is overkill. The Law Library here uses Epson LX300 printers for
labels. The printers were there when I started in 2001 and they are
still there. (I have since moved to the main campus library.) We printed
about 500 labels/week.

Daniel Hoyte
Senior Systems Technician
Chapman University Leatherby Libraries
(714) 532-7745
hoyte@chapman.edu
AIM/Yahoo IM: chaphoyte

/(bb|[^b]{2})/ that is the Question

-----Original Message-----
From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum
[mailto:SERIALST@list.uvm.edu] On Behalf Of Irma Nicola
Sent: Thursday, September 04, 2008 8:56 AM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: [SERIALST] HOW MANY PEOPLE USE DOT MATRIX PRINTERS FOR LABELS?

Can I PLEASE have urgent feedback on an informal survey of label machine
usage!  We are trying to find out if it is best practice to use this or
other types of printers.

SPECIFICALLY get a sense of how many users are currently using dot
matrix or other printers for label making.

We have about 2000 titles and we need to find the best print solutions
for about 1,000 pieces of labeling per month.

Please send replies to my email and I will reply on receipt.

Thanks very much, any comments on the usage trends you know of would
really help.

------------------------------------
Azusa Pacific University
Irma H. Nicola