Re: Difference between database and electronic serial Lori Rotterman 01 Oct 2008 14:07 UTC

Check out the thread on this listserv titled "What Do We Call Them?"
from this past July.  It includes descriptions of various types of
databases and online access available to libraries.

Lori Rotterman
Serials Clerk
Dayton Metro Library

-----Original Message-----
From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum
[mailto:SERIALST@list.uvm.edu] On Behalf Of Angelica Freitas
Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2008 9:51 AM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: [SERIALST] Difference between database and electronic serial

Hello Serials people!!!

I have a question!
We all know that eventually most of our print collection will convert
into
electronic format.
Here at our library we have a budget line for "database" and another for
"serials" (any format, including electronic).
Due to budget constraints, some of my colleagues have decided to "pay"
for
some of their databases from the serials budget. I am a bit confused by
all
of this and I would like to know if anyone out there knows the
difference
between a database and electronic journal???

Sorry if I sound confusing

Angelica Freitas
Serials Administrator
Sarah Lawrence College Library