Re: Serials Reading Rooms Donald Taylor 29 Oct 2008 16:01 UTC

Hi Sandra,
I know that some libraries use the RSS feeds from journals to display the ToCs of journals in either their opacs or other online environment. Simon Fraser University is working on using RSS feeds to display ToCs in our ejournal records, which is requiring some programming on our part. It would be great to hear of software than facilitates this.
Regards,
Don

Donald Taylor
Acting Head, Document Delivery Services
e: dstaylor@sfu.ca
t: 778.782.5596 f: 778.782.3023
Simon Fraser University Library
8888 University Dr.
Burnaby, BC Canada V5A 1S6

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sandra Lee" <sllee@FNAL.GOV>
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Sent: Wednesday, 29 October, 2008 07:16:54 GMT -08:00 US/Canada Pacific
Subject: Re: [SERIALST] Serials Reading Rooms

Dear Penny,

Including the TOC in your Library Journals List records is a great idea! Do
you know of any commercial software products that will support this?

Thanks for your help!

Sandra Lee
Librarian
Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory
PO Box 500 MS 109
Batavia, Illinois 60510
sllee@fnal.gov
phone 630 840 6013
http://bss.fnal.gov/library/index.html

Fermilab Library...delivering the right information, in the right format, at
the right time