Re: ERM software question [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED] Dyer, Renata 06 Oct 2008 22:50 UTC

John,
We use 360 MARC, 360 Link, 360 Core and 360 ERM.
The services are very good most of the times and when not, it's usually
to do with the database provider and not the Serials Solutions.
My only problem so far was uploading the information into the ERM. The
templates Serials Solutions offer are very limited and I would like to
be able to add more information like cost, licensing, notes etc. but at
this stage that's not an option. I can only load the titles, date range,
URL and that's that. They are, however, committed to developing their
products so this is something they are aware of and I would say they'll
do something about it in future.

As far as overlap analysis go - this works well. I wanted to do overlap
analysis with one of more recently released databases by Informit
(Australian provider) but they don't have this one readily available so
this became an issue. If a database is not available from their
e-catalogue you have to ask them to add it which they can easily and
quickly do but it's usually empty initially. This means that you have to
wait for them to add the titles and that can take a while especially if
the database does not contain deep linking to the journal level.
I hope this makes sense.

Please feel free to ask specific question; I'll be happy to answer if I
can.
In summary we are very happy with the ERM especially features like
overlap analysis and also email alerting for renewal dates.

Regards,
Renata Dyer
Systems Librarian
Information Services
The Treasury
Langton Crescent, Parkes ACT 2600 Australia
(p) 02 6263 2736
(f) 02 6263 2738
(e) renata.dyer@treasury.gov.au