Re: Decoding e-access Betty Batten 08 Oct 2008 14:43 UTC

Jeanette,

We subscribe to a great resource that is also online:  FULLTEXT SOURCES ONLINE (1040-8258).  Paper updates every 6 months and it is published by Information Today, Inc.  Hope this helps, bb

Betty Batten, MLS           bbatten@friends.edu
Serials Librarian                    (316) 295-5880 phone
Edmund Stanley Library         (316) 295-5080 fax
Friends University
2100 W. University
Wichita, KS  67213

-----Original Message-----
From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum [mailto:SERIALST@list.uvm.edu] On Behalf Of Skwor, Jeanette
Sent: Wednesday, October 08, 2008 9:28 AM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: [SERIALST] Decoding e-access

We are newbies to e-access work.

I have always handled the paper end, the paying, shelving, claiming, binding, tracking, processing, etc etc etc end.

Now I am being asked such questions as, "Who is providing access?"  "Has access changed?" (when we changed from a print & online subscription to an online only).  "What dates are we supposed to have access to?"

I don't know.  I've never had to know.  I'm being told, just look online, the info will be there.  I am not finding it.

How do those of you who do this, do it?

Jeanette L. Skwor
Serials Dept., Cofrin Library
University of WI-Green Bay
2420 Nicolet Drive
Green Bay, WI  54311-7003
"Libraries will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no libraries."
                              Anne Herbert, The Whole Earth Catalog