Re: ERM solutions: can you add to my list? [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED] Hoyte, Daniel 20 Nov 2008 16:58 UTC

Several factors were in play at the time. We were looking at the
integration of multiple services, ERM, link resolving, A-Z, E-book
management, citation management, print serials management and federated
searching.
+We were looking for finer grained control over the data presented and
the presentation to the patrons.
+We were concerned with ease of use. We were concerned with future
expandability with library-by-library customization. (We do not
currently have the situation; however, this is a direction that our
university is heading.)
+We were concerned with being able to port our data, including
self-hosting, if needed.

We did not know this at the time that we made our choice, we were
scheduled for a large price increase from SS. (This was an introductory
deal that had been brokered before I started working here and was not
documented anywhere.

ReSearcher filled all of those requirements, including the cost
requirement. An advantage that I had not planned on when we moved to
reSearcher is that we have had the opportunity to see suggestions that
we made incorporated into the product, often within hours.

The only downside, if one could call it that is the new displays caused
our librarians to become more aware of how "flakey" holdings data and
the art of link resolving can be.

Daniel Hoyte
Senior Systems Technician
Chapman University Leatherby Libraries