Re: Gold Rush Hoyte, Daniel 20 Nov 2008 17:02 UTC

ReSearcher was our selection. Two reasons: it is a suite of products,
including a federated search tool. At the time of selection, we did not
have the staff skill to take an XML dump and convert it to MARC for

Daniel Hoyte
Senior Systems Technician
Chapman University Leatherby Libraries
(714) 532-7745
hoyte@chapman.edu
AIM/Yahoo IM: chaphoyte

/(bb|[^b]{2})/ that is the Question

-----Original Message-----
From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum
[mailto:SERIALST@list.uvm.edu] On Behalf Of Barbara Rauch
Sent: Wednesday, November 19, 2008 2:40 PM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: Re: [SERIALST] Gold Rush

I'm curious.  What was number one?

I would also be interested to hear the feedback from this thread.

Barbara.

barbara rauch,  acquisitions coordinator
mail no. b-30,   AUT university library
private bag 92006,
auckland 1142,
new zealand

ph: +64 (09) 921 9999 ex 8874  fax: + 64 (09) 921 9977

>>> On 20/11/08 at 8:17 a.m., "Hoyte, Daniel" <hoyte@CHAPMAN.EDU>
wrote:
We do not use Gold Rush, but it is a very good system. It was our
number two choice. The only thing that it was missing that we required
was MARC record export. It is possible to export data as n XML stream,
but we were not in a position to dedicate staff time to come up with an
XML to MARC converter.