Re: JSTOR Linda Wobbe 21 Jan 2009 20:29 UTC

Hi All,

Here at Saint Mary's College of California we also withdrew print
volumes for titles in our JSTOR package, but we decided to retain 10
years of print. It appeared that the moving wall for our selection of
titles had either a 3-, 5-, or 7-year "moving wall", and we wanted to
have one retention period for all. The JSTOR consortium retains multiple
print copies, and participates in other initiatives which helped
alleviate our concerns about permanent archiving of the content.
http://www.jstor.org/page/info/about/archives/preservation.jsp

We were unable to locate a backfile dealer willing to take our volumes
of withdrawn content, though, so we were happy when our local waste
management company accepted them for recycling.

Sincerely,
Linda

--
Linda Wobbe
Head, Electronic Resources & Periodicals